- Pinch out any side shoots from your tomato plants and feed once the first truss is setting fruit. You can pot up the side-shoots to create new tomato plants.
- • Continue to earth up potato plants as they grow. If you're growing potatoes in bags simply add more compost to half way up the plant stem.
- • Harvest salad crops and resow every 2 weeks for a constant supply of tasty leaves.
- • Harvest early potatoes - these are normally ready from 10 weeks after planting.
- • Look out for onion and garlic leaves yellowing and dying back - this means they are ready to harvest!
- • Plant out tender vegetables such as courgettes, squash, tomatoes and sweet corn now the risk of frost has passed.
- • When planting out cabbages, use cabbage collars to prevent cabbage root fly attack.
- • There is still time to plant runner beans - sow them directly in the ground now.
- • Protect crops from carrot fly by covering with horticultural fleece or enviromesh.