Thursday, December 17, 2009

This New Year My Son is Getting Married
In less than a month my son will marry the love of his life. I took out the dress that I had bought for my sons wedding and looked at it. Remembered the day he was born so long ago. Thought about all of the life we have shared as I watched him grow from a joyful mischievous young child into the strong handsome fine man that he is today. All of the worrying that I did over the years. How I would sit at night and talk with him about what is important in life, hoping he was listening. To live life with a joyful heart and a kindness towards others. To always appreciate the little things in life for they are with us every day.
A loving mother gives from her heart to her children. Prays for them and loves them unconditionally. Rejoices at their every accomplishment and cries when life brings harm to them. And then the time comes when the child becomes a man.
As my son starts on his new journey in life, I wish for him all of the joy this marriage brings to him and Meagan. She is a wonderful young woman. Strong and bright. I love her as my own for she is part of my life throught Brad. He made a good choice. And next month I will watch my son get married. See him standing as Meagan walks down the aisle to him to start their wedded life together.
I will think about my father who died much too soon and never got to see Brad grow up and I will cry a bit for this. For my mother who is also gone from this life unable to share in this joyful day with us all. And I will look at Brad and Meagan and know that someday they will have children too. And the circle of life will continue just as it has done with my daughter Jennifer and her wonderful husband Kevin, and my three grandchildren Dylan, Landen and Alex. I am truly blessed wouldn't you agree?






1 comment: