Monday, April 25, 2011



Keep Calm And Carry On

This is the time of year when birds are birding, flowers are blooming, and garden veggies are coming up. Not here, not this day. It has been raining so-ooooo much here, I feel like taking a vacation to (anywhere) that doesn't have rain in the forcast. When will it stop! The weather man is predicting rain for the next three days. Excuse me, I just heard rain through Thursday. Yikes! By the time my garden drys out, which will take it about a week, it will be raining again. I predict June, July and August dry as a bone.

Sorry about dumping on you, but this is rediculous. I do have some good news though. I am picking up my bees Saturday. I am a little nervous about it all. It's like being a new mother. Will I do everything right? We'll see. Just think 120,000 bees and two queens. What have I got myself into?

In this post I want to talk about Goldfinches. Finches visit the thistle feeder regularly, at least when it doesn't rain. The finches perch all over the fencing, putting their heads through and grabing thistle seeds from the mesh tube.I just bought a new finch feeder in Cincy, and I don't want to have the rain ruin it and get the seeds wet and moldy. Thistle seeds are costly, but definately worth every penny. This bird is definately a songster. I love its bright yellow plumage and wings of black. Grab your own thistle feeder and wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment