Tuesday, May 10, 2011


This Is Why I Love To Live In The Country

The urge to live in the country besets most of us sooner or later. Spring with grass vividly green, buds bursting and rhythmic whistle of frogs. But the basic one is escape from congestion and confusion. Here we can be turned out to run and race, kick up our heels and enjoy life. We have owned three farms, and now have settled in a country setting of a little more than an acre. Which by the way, at times I wish for the farm days. I loved the sweet smell of hay. Walking in the woods and just sitting on the porch when time permit. Have I convinced you yet?

Last night we went to the bee keepers meeting, and I gathered a wealth of information. Most of those farmers are chalk full of good ideas and they know what works from their experiences. I think I found a mentor. She has been keeping bees for three years and said she would love to share all the knowledge she has gotten so far. We exchanged phone numbers and I am ready to communicate. Basically this hobby or cash crop is done mostly by men. That makes it more challenging to me. Although it is opening up to women. I suppose on the farm the women were busy with cooking, cleaning, canning, taking care of the children and so on it goes.

Will catch you later. I have to make sure my bees are not out of sugar syrup. Have a great day. I hear rain is coming in soon. I thought I was going to get my garden planted, but so far it is not dryed out from the last round of storms.

No comments:

Post a Comment