Wednesday, May 18, 2011


Yikes! Nosema

Yesterday I was out looking at the Hive Cribs, and come to find out that the Nuc that John brought me on Friday has Nosema. Nosema is a common protozoan disease that affects the intestinal tracts of adult bees, is kind of like dysentery in humans. Yuck! You can see it on the front of this hive.I called John this morning and we are going to wait a couple of days and see how she goes. I am giving them Fumagilin-B, but unfortunately when the symptoms are visible, it has gone too far and is difficult or impossible to treat.

These bees aren't going to beat me. I am going to win. Even within this short time what has happened so far. The Running Away (To join the Circus?) and the Nosema. I am up for the challenge.
____________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment