Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Yoga Classes

Yesterday was my first day of Yoga. What to expect? I wasen't sure, but I love it. Below are pretty much the moves. The practice of Yoga has many health benefits associated with it.Yoga practice massages internal organs,thus improving the ability of the body to prevent disease. Also Yoga improves blood curculation. By transporting nutrients and oxygen throughout your body, Yoga practice provides healthier organs, skin and brain. The concentration required during Yoga practice tends to focus your attention on the matter at hand, thereby reducing the emphasis you may have been putting on the stress in your life. Breathing is an essential part of Yoga. I haven't gotten that down pat yet. Also, some of the Yoga practice is quite difficult. We have a class of 15 to 20 and pretty much fills the room. Our teacher is a counselor at  Western. She seems quite knowledgeable on the subject.  She teaches the class on Tuesdays and Fridays. I wish I could attend both classes, but with everything I have going on, once a week will have to do. I would highly recommend this class. 


Yoga - a set of icons - Big Stock Vector

No comments:

Post a Comment