Tuesday, January 10, 2012




Eating Healthy On A Budget
Food is our primary medicine and it can boost our immunity, increase our energy, and help support our moods. Exercise can do wonders to boost your energy levels, as well, and if you take a walk or run outdoors, you will be getting in that extra sunlight you need. I prefer to work out at the gym. I start on the treadmill and go down my list. I spend 4 days a week and approximately 3 to 4 hours a day at the gym. Back to food, if you think you cannot spend the money for quality, organic foods, add up all your eating out expenses and snack expenditures. Processed foods have unhealthy additives that make you eat more. That can add up to an expensive addiction. Grains and legumes from bulk bins are healthy and cheap. Produce is the trickiest for budgeting when it comes to fresh organic produce. It requires serious shopping. I can most of our fruit. I freeze the blueberries and strawberries for smoothies. I rarely have breads, but when I do I load them with dried fruit like raisins and cherries and oat bran. One more thing taking the time to meet with friends, family face to face is so important to our sense of connection with the outdoor world. Sunday worship, weekly dates to meet a friend and those regular date nights are so necessary. Social media, emails, and phone calls will never replace the need to meet with others face to face. As a matter of fact if you want my opinion our social skills are declining. Such a shame. Think about it. You know I am right!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment