Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Click to view
What To Do In The Garden-February 

February may well be the toughest gardening month. Thank goodness it's short. Gardeners in warm climates don't know what kind of weather to expect from day to day or from night to night. Gardeners in cold climates have put the holidays behind them and just want to see the sun shine again. Kentucky is short on sun and full of rain so far. Of course I would rather have that than snow.
A true gardener does not stop gardening just because it is cold and wet. February is for planning and for seeing the first signs that spring is around the corner.My blue bells and Easter flowers are getting ready to bloom. Pruning is especially good to get at in February. I have finished my seed catalog shopping, and my orders are on the way. My bees are out today buzzing around. Chickens will arrive on the 27th of this month. Lots to do and hoping I have enought time to get it all done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment