Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Can't Figure This Out
Well last night I decided to put my hen that was setting on 6 eggs in a cage that someone gave to me, and let her set and finish hatching her eggs. I noticed this morning she was off the nest and running around the cage. I give up! I can't get any eggs to hatch with a hen. I don't know how people do it, but I haven't had any luck.

Escalating colony losses are making replacement difficult. In the meantime, without bees, The Honey Farms are unable to fulfill pollination contracts or make honey. Beekeepers are not alone, growers of almonds, cherries, apples, pears, berries, melons, and other fruit, vegetables, and field crops stand to lose as well, since their yields will be lower without good pollination. Almond growers are paying a premium price this year for bees. The supply isn't enough to ensure good pollination and fruit set. The industry's ability to pollinate almonds this year is severely compromised because of colony failures. Many beekeepers will just not be able to recover from these losses.
May YOUR bees add blessings to your life.