Wednesday, July 31, 2013


Down Dog Split
Downward Facing Dog for Your Whole Body
Of course you are going to do downward facing dog. It is great for your whole body, not just your legs. I like to pedal out my legs quite a bit and throw in a few down dog splits. First lift you leg into the split position. Then shift toward the plank position, (not my favorite) bend your knee on the lifted leg and bring that knee to your nose. Then extend back to the down dog split. Go back and forth to build some heat. Its a killer.
As we AGE we all need to be in good shape. That means our balance should be steady. Don't feel bad if your teacher corrects your postures. Hands on instruction is the best way to learn good form. Stay light hearted and keep your sense of humor. Laugh if you fall out of a pose. That's exactly what I did yesterday. I was trying to put my shirt down and lost my balance and toppled over. Smile when things get difficult. Enjoy Yourself!