Wednesday, August 7, 2013


Black and White SUmmer Sun Calendar
Back To The Grind
Some people dread August- the heat, the end of summer break, cooler weather around the corner. August may mark the end of summer fun, but it also marks the start of getting back into the groove of life. I will finally be free of canning, freezing etc. But I do like those times of canning etc. I love opening a jar of my own pickles, beans, beets, etc. knowing that I did all of this myself, and feeling pretty good about it too. I like to approach fall as the start of a new year. Even if you don't have school age kids, the idea of a fall new year applies to all. It is a chance for a fresh start and a time to get back to the grind in a good way. It's a time to recreate your routine. Things that I have let go since summer started and the garden came in. Time to add a little structure back into the days and weeks. By the way, I called the grandsons last night and asked them how the first day of school went. They all loved being back. Just a day before they dreaded the event. Teachers how do you do that? Lets just wait and see what a month or two brings. I can hear it now. Do I have to go to school????.