Monday, August 26, 2013

Deadly Things You Should Not Feed Your Chickens
Okay, okay... So the title is a little dramatic. It's really not a sin to feed your chickens these things, and not all of them are deadly, but I couldn't resist the title. But, I figured I needed to do some research into what is healthy and not so healthy when it comes to feeding chickens, since I LOVE to give my girls table scraps. In fact, it feels absolutely bizarre to me when I am at someone's house and I watch them throw celery tops, broccoli stems, or banana peels in the trash. That's valuable stuff at my house! But never feed your chickens citrus. It makes their shells soft. Avocado's are not suggested, just as chocolate, and tomato foliage. Just a little list for you bloggers out there to follow. Enjoy your chickens. They are precious birds. One of God's creatures.