Tuesday, August 20, 2013


Shocker
As always, I went out to get the mail the other day, and what did I find? Low and behold, you are cordially invited to attend a Class Reunion. I won't tell you which one, but was I surprised. A girls only event. Not much has changed since those days I attended a parochial school. Built in 1909 Our Lady of Divine Providence Academy was located in Newport Ky. And still stands to this day.  Dressed in  a uniform of blue pinafore cotton with a white blouse and blue or black sweater I was ready to meet the challenge. I have bitter sweet memories of those days. How strict those nuns were. I was always getting slapped on the hand. I'm sure I deserved it. Uniforms had to be 2 inches below the knee, or you were sent home. That is hard to believe today, but this was real. No jewelry, makeup. etc. etc. Those were the days. Unfortunately the school  had to close, because of upkeep. Our tuition back then was 75 dollars per year. The school has been turned into condo's and I hear tell many of which are listed in foreclosures.