Thursday, September 5, 2013


BEEKEEPING
Summer still lingers. However, regardless of where you are, fall is quickly descending on us. If we aren't careful and don't act now, it could be a very bad winter for our bees. Having a healthy hive in the fall is key to overwintering the hive and having it survive. Know what winter prep needs to happen and what will help with your hives survival. I can't stress this enough. You need to have healthy bees now, because these are the bees which are rearing the bees which will take the hive through winter. This weekend I am taking off my supers. Taking the honey off and hoping for the best. You see, I don't feed nor medicate my hives. I just let nature take care of itself!

My daughter sent this to me yesterday: "A friend is: A push when you are stopped: A word when you are lonely; A guide when you are searching; A smile when you are sad; A song when you are glad." 
This is you!! So glad you are my momma AND my friend!! Needless to say, it just made my day!