Wednesday, October 2, 2013


What Do We Have Here?

Its been a couple of months since I have seen the lost hen. The story goes as follows; I was at a friends house one day, and we went visiting her neighbor, who has a variety of chickens. They are wild and fancy free. So we are up on the porch drinking a tall one, when I say to Jim Bo, hey, how would you like it if I took one of your hens home. She was laying on a clutch of 22 eggs. Well he said; I reckon it would be ok. Now to catch her and bring her home. Jim got a sack and put her in. I put the eggs in a cage I had in the car. When I got home, I put the eggs in the nest in the chicken house. It was now or never, so I took her out of the sack. Goodness, she tried to fly up to the nest, but was so excited that she completely flew out of the hen house and yard. I tried to catch her, but you see she is wild and free. I see her now and then. She is still around. I have no idea where she resides or gets her food. Needless to say her potential chicks did not hatch. Maybe she will come closer and be a part of the flock. That is what I am hoping for. For now she is just happy to be around.