Wednesday, May 28, 2014


6 Tips on How to Plant and Grow Beans | If I had to choose one vegetable to grow, it'd be green beans. My family has passed down this particular heirloom bean for over one hundred years -- the Tarheel green pole bean. My grandparents brought it with them when they migrated to Washington state from the mountains of North Carolina in 1941. Beans are wonderful plants, providing benefits to our bodies and our garden soil. Through my many years of growing beans in my own garden, I have discovered a few tips. | GNOWFGLINS.com
BEANS
If I had to choose one vegetable to grow, it would be green beans. They are a staple in our house. I put them in soups, stews,  a stand alone dinner item. Beans are wonderful plants, providing benefits to our bodies and our garden soil. Beans do not grow well as seedlings or transplants. They are best sown directly into the ground as a seed. Beans are a fairly non-picky plant and gets along nicely with almost everything else. I usually can 60 to 65 pints per season. That usually last me till next growing season.