Thursday, September 4, 2014

Apple Time
I was in my yoga class the other day, and a friend of mine said, so what are you into now? Everyone knows me. My life is full. You know why? Because I like it that way. Today I am peeling apples, mainly because I can't get our apple peeler hooked onto the picnic table outside to peel the apples. That's what happens when your husband is not around, and you are not mechanical. UGH! Isn't it funny how when you are doing a chore, and an image comes to your mind. My image is of my dad sitting in a chair peeling apples. Dad would get out his pocket knife and peel the apple without stopping, so that there was one long peel of the apple. He would show it to me, and we would both smile. I miss those days. My dad was such a great guy! A ordinary man who was happy with life's simple pleasures. Now that is hard to find.