Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Isn't She Precious 

Don't you just love things from the past? Like this note book, old photos that come out of the family album, clothes from the past, memories from the past, songs from the past. With technology these days, our children never have to wait for film to be developed or look for a pay phone. It is all at their finger tips. The student lunch hour (20 minutes today) ,included walking home for a bite to eat. Our school didn't have a cafeteria at the time. Mom would have bacon sandwiches on toast, and then I remember playing with my doll in my room, and then scurrying off to school with a bunch of roses in my hand for Sister Baptista. Now, you don't know what is happening at the schools, what is being taught, what they are consuming. This world with spates of respiratory illnesses, Ebola outbreaks, chance of nuclear war, GMO's in many food products. Need I go on? You get the picture. The world is in a hell of a shape. Excuse me, but we need to get serious, and figure out what this world of ours is coming to and how we need to be prepared!