Saturday, December 13, 2014

A Dressed Up Chicken Coop
Christmas is about so many things to so many people: the birth of Christ, carols, presents, good deeds, lights, trees, the fat man in the red suit. My mom would make coffee tins of cookies. Starting weeks before Christmas. Miniature pecan pies and wedding cookies. The house smelled wonderful with the aromas of vanilla and cookie dough. As a kid, I was absolutely certain I was taking my own life into my hands every time I would eat raw cookie dough. My mom did a very thorough job of scaring me silly about the life-threatening dangers of raw eggs. Sad to say, it didn't stop me from pinching off bits of dough when she wasn't looking. However, as I have learned more about food production and fresh foods, my fear of raw eggs has decreased significantly. Especially if said eggs come from healthy pastured chickens like the ones I raise. As a matter of fact, I have several of my customers who eat my eggs raw. I am not there yet! How about you?
 
 
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment