Friday, July 17, 2015

I just ate a sub sandwich, whole-wheat chips and a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie. If you tried to tempt me with something delicious at this moment, no matter how good it smelled, I’d probably turn you down because I’m full.

That’s how it works in the physical realm, right? The more you eat, the fuller you become and the less you want.

Spiritual hunger is the exact opposite. The more you eat, the hungrier you become and the more you want.


God longs to work within us.

I can’t tell you why I wasn’t hungry for His Word or for prayer during that time, but I can tell you that it’s not the only time. Whether it was busyness or an attack of the enemy or just a hard place in my faith, I’ve learned that when this happens, it’s time to go "eat" some spiritual food.

Whether you feel hungry or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment