Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Female Hummingbird And Bee

Busybodies can look busy, but in reality they are busy with things that don’t concern them. As a result, they neglect the work they should be doing.

This truth cut right to my heart. When I take on responsibilities that aren’t mine to assume, I’m ineffective in what I am called to do. As a result, my schedule gets chaotic, and the people I love suffer from my too-busy life.

Here’s another truth. The Bible doesn’t say we need to be busy all the time. We need God’s wisdom to know when to work and when to stop. Jesus modeled rest as well as hard work. He knew when to draw away from the crowds, from ministry, from work and press pause in the middle of the day. Jesus also modeled honoring the Sabbath as a complete day of rest and honor to God.

The Bible shows us how to be busy in a healthy way. We can learn to care for our priorities and not take on those assigned to others. We are not slaves to being over busy. We can trust God to help us get our work done in six days so we can honor His command to rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment