Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The Only Thing Keeping Me From Doing The Right Thing Is Me! 
I know what I should do … what I could do … but when it comes right down to it, excuses slip in and override my good intentions:

  • I want to read my Bible every day, but I’m tired and I have worked so hard at the gym..
  • I could go to the nursing home and visit, but those people don't need me.
  • I should start a diet … but this lasagna and garlic bread are calling my name! I’ll start tomorrow.

And so it goes. The Bible says the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak (Mark 14:38). I must be a super weakling, because self-discipline is as unnatural to me as exercise.

Recently, I heard today’s key verse  and it gave me a new perspective on self-discipline. It’s a familiar verse to me and I love the first part of it: "For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline" (2 Timothy 1:7).


No comments:

Post a Comment