Thursday, October 15, 2015



If you are anything like me, you can become quite skilled at putting off your happily-ever-after. Maybe you’ve said things like …

"Once I get this work done" …
"When things slow down at work" …
"When this crazy month is over" …
"In just a minute" …

But once the work is complete, the minute has passed and the busy month has concluded, something else always comes up. Your "one more thing" has no end.

That’s when things start to happen: You drive into the intersection before it’s your turn because you’re tired and distracted … you scream at the ones you love the most because you’re stretched too thin … you wake up feeling irritable and unhappy despite the abundant blessings in your life.


I informed my internal over-achiever that I would no longer be everything to everyone. I realized that continually saying yes to everything outside the home meant saying no to the most important things inside the home. God showed me that in order to be joyfully fulfilled, I must choose to place my time and energy in what (and who) mattered most.

That my friends is, God first and foremost. Family second, and everything following.



No comments:

Post a Comment