Tuesday, December 22, 2015


Jesus didn’t have to spend as many years with us as He did. He could have skipped the first part of His life, shown up just before Good Friday and left after He rose from the dead.

But He didn’t. In fact, for over 33 years, He made planet Earth His home with the full experience of life: birth, growing pains, even puberty. He went through the awkward stage of gaining independence while still being respectful to His parents. He learned a skill, worked, made friends.

Jesus came and engaged. He wasn’t too good for this place or the people. That’s powerful, unselfish love in action. It is a love that invested all the years of His life on Earth leading up to His ultimate act: dying for us.

Thankfully, I no longer exhibit all the selfishness of a child, but there are places in my life where I am still "just visiting." Fulfilling my responsibilities, but not seeing those around me who need this unconditional love Jesus came to bring. I want to change. I need to change in order to fulfill my purpose on Earth.

Are there places in your life where you are just visiting, too? Missing out on investing in and really loving on the people around you? At work, church, home or the gym? Open your eyes today to see with love the same value Jesus saw in others.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!





No comments:

Post a Comment