Thursday, June 16, 2016


Image result of coney island cincinnati

Coney Island

Cincinnati Ohio
Coney Island is a small amusement park and waterpark located in Cincinnati, Ohio, and Anderson Township, on the banks of the Ohio River 10 miles east of Downtown Cincinnati.
I was talking to my son today about Coney Island. As a child, I have fond memories of the Sunlite Pool. My mother had a big family of 7 sisters. On special days, when the rides and drinks were half price we would all be there. Which was several times a year.  We spent the entire day and night till the park closed riding rides, swimming and fire works. Of course things have changed. That park now has a water park. I can remember mom would fry chicken or pork chops early that morning to have for dinner that night in the park pavilion. God only knows why we didn't get food poisoning. That food would set out all day. None of us ever got sick. Those were the days! I look back now, and I am reminded of just how much our family did things together. What a sweet and precious time.

No comments:

Post a Comment