Monday, January 9, 2017

We are finally getting settled in. With Christmas and all, it kind of set us back some. I am definitely missing my flock. Understanding that it will take time for me. I love birds! All kind of birds. I will give it till the Spring and see what happens. I know David is hoping I will get over it! We have a cat that comes by every once and a while. I don't even care for cats, but I am longing for a pet. He or she isn't friendly, but I am still feeding Buddy which I have called the cat hoping she will get closer to me.

I have been checking out the vegetation on this 5 1/2 acre property. The previous owner said there  are plenty of variety's of plants and flowers  planted in the yard. I love flowers and plants. Looking forward to scoping out this yard. In the back of the yard just a few feet from the woods are yucca plants. Now who planted these? I need to talk to my neighbor across the road. Phyllis and Larry used to live in our home 20 years ago. Maybe they planted them. Or Steve, the guy we bought the house from. There are like 9 or 10 mature plants. They seem to be doing well in their environment.

The yucca plant is a tough perennial shrub. There are actually many species of yucca, but while they vary in size and color, they are all able to thrive in hot, dry climates and can be cared for the same way. The plants are easiest to start from cuttings, although growing from seeds is possible. They can be grown in pots or outdoors, either directly in the garden or in a specially prepared raised bed.

I am going walking with my neighbor this morning. Will find out details of the yucca plant. Have a good Monday and look forward to my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment