Monday, March 13, 2017


How does your garden grow? Probably not with silver bells and cockleshells and pretty maids all in a row. Need inspiration? Just walk into the nearest forest, which is a few steps away literally. Consider the hundreds of plants and animals living in the yard before that house was built. It was nature! Water sources, feeders and nesting boxes further increase habitat value.
 



Don't you just love this picture? I am chomping at the bit to get in the soil and plant something. We moved in October, and with this house and 5 1/2 acres  there is no place for a garden. My wonderful neighbor across the road has offered me a plot of land to satisfy me. I am so excited. Of course it is in grass and will have to be tilled and worked with, but I am excited.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment