Wednesday, July 26, 2017


.



Today I had lunch with an old friend. We have been friends for 35 years. We have been through the good,the bad and the ugly.
“I don’t ever remember being afraid of “oldness”.

There are things I miss about being younger - chiefly the ability to pull all-nighters and keep working and working well; and being smiled at by guys  I didn’t know who thought I was cute; and I wish I had the eyesight I had even five years ago… but that stuff feels pretty trivial.

I’m happier than I’ve been at any time in my life these days. I have a good husband, watched two amazing kids grow into two delightful adults.An astonishing number of grand life experiences. I have real, true, glorious friends, and I’ve been able to do real good for things I care about, like yoga, raising chickens, working with bees, living on a farm. I would say that I am blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment