Tuesday, June 21, 2011


Sweet Pea Perennial Vines

You have heard me talk about my dear friend who passed away recently.She had grapes which she brought from Greece, and her beautiful Sweet Pea Vines. I wish we could have made grape jelly together. I had promised her that.

Also called everlasting peas, perennial Sweet Peas are herbaceous perennials, meaning the plant dies back to ground level each year when cold weather arrives, and sends up new shoots the next spring. They quickly reach 4 to 10 feet if given suitable support to climb. Sweet Pea flowers come in shades of pink, red, purple and white. I remember as a child we had Sweet Peas in the back yard. My dad kept them in a round fence to keep them contained. They were beautiful and attracted bees. That's a plus for me.


You'll have lots to enjoy as centerpiece bouquets whose delicate winged flowers and deliciously evocative fragrance will bring a smile of pleasure to everyone who walks by them.
It is definately an nostalgic old-fashioned beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment