Friday, January 13, 2012

Sick woman blowing her nose with a tissue clipart


It's That Time Of Year When A Cold Can Strike

If you feel yourself coming down with a cold or flu, this is NOT the time to be eating ANY sugar, artificial sweeteners or processed foods. Make sure you are drinking plenty of fresh, pure water. Garlic is a potent antimicrobial that kills bacteria. I eat a clove a day. I raise garlic, so I have an ample supply. Raw, organic eggs, preferably local chickens. By the way, I will be ordering my chicks the end of this month. Locally grown fruits and vegetables, and grass fed beef. Last but not least make sure you are getting high-quality sleep, and plenty of it. I forgot to mention Chicken Soup. A natural remedy for a Sore Throat, Fever. Have chicken soup and you will be feeling better. I remember David and I having the flu one winter when the kids were small. It was just horrible. The baby was on our bed and it took two of us to change her diaper. David's mother that day brought over some steaming hot chicken soup. Moms have been feeding us steamy bowls of this simple homemade remedy for years and years and, while most could not confirm definitively why or whether it was what made us feel better, but I think the majority would agree it played a role even if only for some heartwarming comfort. If you are feeling like a super nice friend, make it for a pal who is feeling a little under the weather. They will love you for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment