Saturday, January 14, 2012

Ghost Clip Art,


Fitting People With Books Is About As Difficult As Fitting Them With Shoes 

I met the nicest man at the gym and he is a writer of ghost stories. Well that is right up my alley.A good ghost story can make your hair stand on end, your palms sweat, and your heart race. Kentucky has a time honored history of storytelling, dating back to a period when the oral tradition was strong. I can remember as a child my  great grandmother used to tell us ghost stories. Our parents would get so upset with great grandma. Us kids loved it. My family was into reading fortune cards too, until the priest said no more of that. My Aunt Beulah used to always tell my fortune when we got together. It was just one of those family traditions. Well, my friend William Lynwood Montell, has collected more than 250 entertaining and diverse tales, reported as true accounts by people living in counties across the commonwealth. I bought his book.  
The story I am interested in is at the Gates of Hell Cemetery also know as Witches Graveyard. It contains the graves of unknown people from the eighteenth and nineteenth centeries.It is located in Elizabethtown about an hour and a half from here. The history here goes back to the olden days, say around the time of witch trials. There is a gravel road that ends at the gravesite. There is a tree that has hugh limbs that people were hung from, and when pictures are taken you will see people hanging off the tree. Yikes! Also, it is said there are unexplained noises and sightings. David has promised to take me to this cemetery. I am so excited about it. Will let you know the outcome.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment