Tuesday, January 17, 2012


 I'd like to discuss a subject which is close to my heart. Schools and teachers. I remember when the children were young and in school. Brad and Jennifer had some good teachers, and they had some bad teachers. Eventually I would have a conference with them and try to solve the situation. I received answers like our personalities don't mix. Come on! Get real! The teacher is in the classroom to teach and teach is what he or she should do. Teachers are very important to society and I think teachers should be able to teach.Our faltering education system may be the most important long term threat to America's economy and national well being, so it's frustrating to me why all these work sheets are used, and studying  to pass these tests at the end of the year. 
Conversely, a very poor teacher has the same effect as a pupil missing 40 percent of the school year. Now you wonder why our children are graduating not knowing how to read.
A great teacher is worth hundreds of thousands of dollars to each year's students, just in the extra income they will earn.

No comments:

Post a Comment