Thursday, November 15, 2012


Sometimes I feel like this on a treadmill. It can be boring. I noticed a friend of mine who belongs to the same gym, got to run together. The time just flew by. And one great thing about treadmill running with friends is that you don't have to be the same pace, so you can run with friends who you wouldn't normally run with. Rather than running at a constant pace, I mix up my run with hard and easy segments. It can be as simple as a five minute warm up followed by three sets of four minute intervals. Two minutes of hard running. Two minutes of easy running. Repeat as often as you like. I like to get 4 miles in. So running on a treadmill gives you a chance to lose yourself in the rhythem of your breathing feet or your pounding feet. Try blocking out everything around you and enter a peaceful, relaxing state.  

Susan