Wednesday, November 7, 2012



Tragic Death

Yesterday morning I went to the chicken house as usual. I always feed, and water in the morning. I left the yard with the gate closed and fastened. The wind must have gotten ahold of it, and when I came home yesterday afternoon all the hens and two roosters were out in the yard. It took us the rest of the day to get everyone hearded back in. Foreman our special rooster stays out of the yard and forages for himself and when he is ready in the evening he goes back in the chicken yard. Well, last night I heard this ungodly noise in the chicken house. David proceded to go out, and didn't see a thing. By then the dirty deed was done.This morning while I was doing my routine, I noticed feathers all over the back half of the yard. Foreman must not have gone in  last night and at 9:30 a fox must have come by and consumed him. That's what the noise was all about in the chicken house. I will miss Foreman. He became a pet. I don't know if I will ever have a special rooster like that again.