Monday, November 26, 2012



What's Going On?

I went out to the chicken yard yesterday to gather eggs and what do I find? My rooster has a bloody comb. How did this happen I say? Well to explain a roosters comb;the red, fleshy, decoration on a roosters head, his comb, is filled with tiny bood vessels. Any injury can cause bleeding. He may have been fighting with another rooster, since he is one and only afraid not. Or a particularly bossy hen may have not been in the mood for his advances. Now that is more like it. I have 2 hens that are quite aggresive and talk nearly all day. It would be fun to know just exactly what they are saying. In a clean and reasonably dry environment this should heal quickly and other than a bit of scarring, he should be as good as new. Benjamin, I would stay away from those two girls. They are lethal!  You have 18 others that I am sure will accomodate you. Too funny
Bear with me. I have no more room for pictures, and I have to read up on how to accuire more space for pictures