Thursday, March 27, 2014

Polyethylene mesh with small holes can stop most predators.
Fencing For A Chicken Run
I have been looking at the space my chickens have to run, and it is quite barren, and too small for the 26 hens that I have, plus one rooster. Creating a chicken run is often less about keeping chickens in and more about keeping predators out. As chickens have a variety of predators including hawks, rats, snakes, skunks and more I want to keep them safe. So I was reading my Hobby  Farms magazine and on the back cover they are advertising electric netting. I ordered the netting and yesterday it arrived by UPS. This weekend I am going to install the netting. Should be a hoot. I am not mechanically inclined at all. I will let you know how this project turns out. Not to worry, I will take pictures with my iPhone. Results Monday!