Saturday, March 29, 2014

New Rooster
Here he is in living color!  Thought for a while, I wasn't going to get him.  A friend from yoga told me the other day that she had a friend who wanted to shed a rooster.  I needed one to finish the job in the chicken yard, Chumly can't quite handle all the hens, so I was totally up for it.  He is here, and he's a beauty.  I think he has some Buff Orpington in him.  Adding a cockerel (rooster) to your flock is one of those things where you will find almost as many different opinions as there are chicken breeds!  I have him in a small cage that I am going to put outside the chicken yard fence when it stops raining.  The following week I will keep him in the cage and put him in the chicken yard.  Finally the third week  I will integrate him in with the flock.  By then, hopefully all will be well and at peace in the yard.  I am trying to pick out a name that will suit him.  Can you give me some ideas?