Monday, October 27, 2014


My Chickens
I spend my days doing the things I love-in between cleaning, and the chores that you can't seem to get around. Which take up most of my time. I do love my leisure time though, and I have earned it. When I hear the sound of the roosters crowing and the hens cackling, like today, with temps in the low 80's and my French doors open to the beautiful sounds, it is good to be alive. I have just finished cleaning out my chicken house. The hens love it when the new straw is put down,  and they delight on the tidbits in the straw. Despite their many merits, backyard chickens are still relatively uncommon. Chickens are, after all, the most "chic" pet you could possibly have. We all love our dogs, cats and fish, but do they actually produce something edible? or pay their own Way? Chickens do, and once you've dined on their eggs you'll never reach for a dozen in the supermarket again!