Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Bunny the Brahma is chicken watching

Problem In The Hen House
When we first got chickens so many years ago, my husband was not especially enthusiastic. And now in 2014 he still isn't. At least he is consistent. But David still helps me when I need a strong hand. Feather me impressed. I have a situation where 4 hens and 1 rooster  are spending the night up on a home built cage. Chickens instinctively come home to roost on their own. But there are some situations where refusing to roost is what makes sense to your chickens. Maybe they haven't learned where "home" is, yet. Not likely. Your coop needs to be cleaned. Not mine. I keep mine up to snuff. There is tension in the flock. Now that could be. We are having pecking order disputes. If they can range on pasture every day,(that could be a problem)  and have things to occupy their thought (like what things) then maybe they will leave Bessie alone while she wears that silly unusual plumage!