Monday, January 26, 2015

What Is This? 
This is some story. Ok, so I have a hen that got out of the chicken yard, and I couldn't get her back in. I have been noticing she is missing from time to time. So I go snooping around, and come to find out she is setting on eggs in the side yard. Hiding in the tall papas grass, are these five small eggs. I commence to pick her up and clip her wings in the garage, and she escapes. Up she goes on this tight rope. What to do now? I call David, and tell him that when he comes home not to open the garage door. I don't want her to get out. By the way, this hen is only six months old and has just starting laying eggs. I imagine these five eggs are her first and only.

The Nest
I disposed of the eggs. To make a long story short, David held her while I clipped her wings. We put her in the chicken house last night. This morning she was looking chipper, and hanging out with all the other hens in the yard.




No comments:

Post a Comment